Our published events will proceed as planned.
We appreciate that with regular news stories and updates about COVID-19 Virus, there are many questions that our visitors and exhibitors may have around this year’s Conference.
Due to the current situation relating to the outbreak, Whitehall Media would like to reassure all our exhibitors, visitors, staff and our many partners that we are closely monitoring the situation and, in cooperation with our venues, we will be taking all sensible steps to ensure that the conference proceeds safely and successfully.
Further to various public, Government and WHO statements this morning and in recent days some of which have specifically stated that cancellation of major events would be premature, we can confirm the event will proceed:
Nevertheless, the health and safety of our exhibitors, visitors and staff is our number one priority and we are working closely with the venue to put the right measures in place.
When it comes to health we will rely on the experts in that field, from global bodies like the World Health Organisation (WHO) but also the national, regional and local health authorities where we are running our event. We will follow their advice to keep participants safe. Should these guidelines change, they will be applied to the event and we will continue to update everyone involved on a regular basis by email.
Whitehall Media run conferences in areas local to the target delegate audience so the majority of attendees will be from the country local to the location and attendance is under 450 people (ie these are not international expo type events – they are targeted conferences)
We will put the following precautions into effect onsite:
- The Conference venue are looking to provide additional Hand-disinfection products, will ensure the hand washing facilities are well stocked (dedicated bathroom facilities are on the conference floor) and are upping there attention to hygiene in all areas of their venue
- Regular cleaning and sanitising of registration, lead scanning and av presentation equipment will take place throughout the event
- Food service has been examined to limit self service where possible and ensure food is served promptly and with attention to hygiene
- The conference room set ups have been examined to give more personal space for attendees whilst viewing the conference
- We will promote an awareness regarding the personal hygiene amongst attendees:
- Avoid handshaking or excessive contact
- Frequent hand washing, especially after direct contact with ill people or their environment
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections
- People with symptoms of acute respiratory infection should practice cough etiquette (maintain distance, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, and wash hands)
- We would ask exhibitors to only provide wrapped food items ie sweets on their stands as giveaways
We would ask that any delegate who feels unwell pre event should not attend on the day.