Use effective solutions to protect your business.
- Deploy solutions that use cloud-based protection. The Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ infrastructure rapidly and accurately identifies new threats, delivering global threat intelligence to all of our products and services. On-going advances in the depth and breadth of the Smart Protection Network allow us to look in more places for threat data and respond to new threats more effectively, to secure data wherever it resides.
- Develop external and local threat intelligence as part of a defence strategy against targeted attacks. Install security solutions that can provide network-wide visibility, insight, and the control needed to combat APTs and targeted attacks. Consider solutions that can detect and identify evasive threats in real-time and provide in-depth analysis and relevant actionable intelligence that to help assess, remediate, and defend against targeted attacks.
- As businesses move to the cloud, security becomes more crucial than ever. Data-centric protection like encryption with policy-based key management ensures the security of data in the cloud. Virtualisation projects, as key steps toward fully utilizing the cloud, should consider security that is virtualisation-aware.
- Stay ahead of threats by reading security-related blogs and related information pages like the Threat Encyclopedia and the Security Intelligence Blog.4
Safeguard your customers’ interests.
- Standardize company communications and let your customers know about your email and website policies. This way, you can help your customers identify legitimate messages better.
Establish and implement effective IT usage guidelines.
Protecting your business requires educating yourself and your employees about safe computing and browsing practices. A comprehensive set of IT usage guidelines should focus on the following:
- Prevention: identify solutions, policies, and procedures to reduce risks of being attacked.
- Resolution: in the event of a computer security breach, have plans and procedures in place to determine what resources to use to remedy a threat.
- Restitution: be prepared to address the repercussions of a security threat with your employees and customers to ensure that any loss of trust or business remains minimal and short-lived.
TrendMicro are a silver sponsor at this year’s Whitehall Media Enterprise Cloud Computing & Virtualization conference, to be held at the Hotel Russell, London, on 7th March.