Whitehall Media ran its fourth national Public Sector Conference on 8 November, 2012, at the Hotel Russell, London. The event proved to be a resounding success, and the general consensus from both delegates and sponsors was that November’s event was the biggest and best yet. Whitehall Media is already well on track with preparations for its next event PSEICT which will be held at the same venue on 18 June, 2013. In the meantime we thought we’d share some of the reflections and feedback from our sponsors and delegates from November’s event. Here’s what they had to say.
The delegates’ response to PSEICT, 2012, was overwhelmingly positive:
- 97% of delegates rated the pre-conference and web registration process as good or excellent
- 97% thought the pre-conference correspondence was either good/ excellent
- 97% of delegates rated the on-site registration as good/excellent and
- 88% thought the on-site organisation was good/excellent.
- Location of exhibition – 84% good/excellent
- Range of exhibition – 68% good/excellent: 30% satisfactory
- Relevance of exhibition – 63% good/excellent: 35% satisfactory
Venue: Hotel Russell, London
- 83% of all delegates thought the venue was either good or excellent, though there were some minor issues with the venue’s Wi-Fi. (This problem has since been addressed, so we are not expecting any repeat for our June conference.)
General overall views of conference experience
- “Lots of short presentations which I found more useful than fewer, key ones.”
- “The general content was good.”
- “Would have been good if all the presentations had made a link to government IT strategy; some were a little too tactical and strategic.”
Would you attend another Whitehall Media Conference?
- 96% of respondents confirmed that they would like to attend future events.
Which companies were represented at PSEICT, 2012?
Horsham District Council
Ministry of Justice
Stevenage Borough Council
London Borough of Wandsworth
Department for Work and Pensions
Ministry of Defence
Southampton County Council
Seminars: delegate feedback
Accelerating the Cloud: Unisys
“Good – really good slides”
“Relevant to my needs.”
Saving time and money and improving productivity with visual collaboration solutions: RB Kensington and Chelsea
“Well structured: good to use customer case study.”
“Very helpful and adaptive: information was very rich and these guys obviously know their technology.”
The future of government commerce: Procserve
“Good insight into government commerce.”
“Very informative with interesting facts and figures.”
The role of SME’s in your IT strategy: Eduserve
“Very informative presentation: very good on content.”
“Excellent content and very good interaction with, and between, delegates which was worthwhile.”